*Suggestion- Look at images of the pizza for each place! It’s mouthwatering! Copy the name of the pizzeria into google and select “Images”. You’ll head right out to your favorite location!!!
1) Lombardi’s: Little Italy. 32 Spring St @ Mott; The original – claiming the 1st slice ever. Rave reviews and true NYC style pizza. The absolute classic. No slices – only full pies.
2) John’s Pizzaria: Two locations. 278 Bleecker @ 6th – 7th Av; // 260 W 44th @ 7th-8th Av; The Bleecker Street original is the way to go. No slices. Institution in NYC for years. Come early and sit down and share a perfect pie. Order it plain.
3) Sal & Carmines: Upper West Side. 2671 Broadway @ 101st-102nd; Two old buddies (with attitude) making salty crust pizza with amazing cheese. Thin crust. Olive oil, sauce, cheese combo makes this the best slice in the city!
4) DiFara: Midwood, Brooklyn. 1424 Av J @ 15th; Order a plain pie; $28/ pie but you can order slices; Worth the money for pizza artistry. Always a line. Dom Demarco’s place.
5) Patsy’s Pizzeria: Harlem. 2287 1st Ave @ 117th; The East Harlem original is an all-time classic. Lesser quality locations all over Manhattan. Original location maintains values of Patsy Grimaldi’s vision.
6) L’Asso: Little Italy. 192 Mott St @ Kenmore St; Pizzeria/ restaurant; Multiple varieties of delicious mouth watering pies. Freshest cheeses and sauce. Melt in your mouth crust. Has slices.
7) Rubirosa: Little Italy. 235 Mulberry @ Spring; Try the Vodka pie; Thin crust pizza in all its glory; Slices or pies available. Incredible dine-in selections of Italian as well. Amazing quality.
8) Keste Pizza e Vino: West Village. 271 Bleecker @ Jones; Margherita pie is the way to go; Traditional Neapolitan pizza; Owners from Naples. Gluten-free pizza available besides regular. Large menu. Whole pies- 4 slices. Sit down place.
9) Oregano: Williamsburgh, Brooklyn. 102 Berry St; Besides the epic pizza, ranked #2 of 4,170 restaurants in Brooklyn of any genre, it is a full Italian casual restaurant you must try.
10) Paulie Gee: Greenpoint, Brooklyn. 60 Greenpoint Av @ Franklin; Open 6-11pm Tues-Sun; No Rez – get there early to avoid big lines; Mouthwatering pizza. Pies only. $12-$18 in cost.
11) Koronet Pizza: Upper West. 2848 Broadway @ 111th; Known for super jumbo slices of true New York style pizza; Massively big; Smaller portions available. Sit down menu as well.
12) Adrienne’s Pizzabar: Financial District. 87 Pearl @ Hanover Sq; Exotic thin crust pizzas- square in shape; Multiple varieties and all are amazingly good; Sit outdoor on Stone Street. Truly gourmet pizza famous with remaining Wall Street employees. Gets packed for lunch. Epic good.
13) Best Pizza: Williamsburg, Brooklyn. 33 Havemeyer @ 8th; Must try a white or bacon pie; Pies or slices; Thin, NY style pizza. Very popular for good reason.
14) Grimaldi’s: Dumbo, Brooklyn. 1 Front Street: In Brooklyn but 1st stop using A/C/2/3. #1 in Zagats, Citysearch. Coal brick oven and freshest ingredients. Owner started 1st Patsy’s in Harlem.
15) Juliana’s Pizza: Dumbo, Brooklyn. 19 Old Fulton St under Brooklyn Bridge. Many say better than Grimaldi’s next door. Ranked #3 of 4,170 restaurants in Brooklyn in Trip Advisor.
16) Totonno: Coney Island. 1524 Neptune Av, Brooklyn; Started in 1924- still run by the same family! Also an Italian restaurant. Has slices.
17) Luzzo’s: East Village. 211 1st Ave @ 12th – 13th St; Probably deserves higher placement. Unreal pizza. Wildly flavorful. Something truly special about pizza here.
18) Don Antonio: Midtown West. 309 W 50th @ 8th-9th Av; Naples Neopolitan Pizza. Delicious, made from a Naples transplant to NYC. Perfectly authentic. You must try this.
19) Lucali: Carroll Gardens, Brooklyn; 575 Henry St @ Carroll; Try the pie with basil; BYOB; Calzones amazing; Pie is $24 and worth it. Such fresh ingredients.
20) L&B Spumoni Gardens: Gravesend, Brooklyn. 2725 86th St @ 11th; Best square Sicilian pizza around; Slices and pies; Massive menu (50+ entrees) as well; Sit down place or to-go.
21) Artichoke Basille’s: 3 Locations. 114 10th Av @ 17th; // 328 E 14th @ 1st – 2nd Av; // 111 MacDougal @ Bleecker; Signature artichoke dip –topped pie; Long lines but this is the new “John’s Pizza”. Try the Sicilian as well.
22) Bleecker Street Pizza: West Village. 69 7th Av South @ Bleecker; West Village thin crust classic; Tons of cheese; #1 rated in city by the NY Post. Has slices.
23) Roberta’s: Bushwick, Brooklyn. 261 Moore @ White; Features live music and a beer garden; Large menu; Order a famous original pie. Lots of fun here.
24) Otto: Washington Square. 1 Fifth Avenue @ 8th St; Mario Batali’s pizzaria; Gourmet pies; Creative, unique flavors; Other Italian offerings- priced right. No slices.
25) Lucia Pizza: Flushing, Queens. 13655B Roosevelt Av @ Bowne; Incredible reviews; What a slice; Traditional, Jersey shore type of slice.
26) Saluggi’s: TriBeCa. 325 Church @ Canal; Rave reviews; $22 for a large pepperoni pie; Great slices; Pitchers of beer for $10; Great full menu as well.
27) Gothan Pizza: Chelsea, Upper East & Mid West. 144 9th Av @ 19th; 852 8th Av @ 51st; 1443 York @ 77th; and 1667 1st Av @ 87th. Mini-chain with authentic NY style pizza, fairly priced. Chelsea location the best. Great slices.
28) Two Boots: 7+ Locations. 74 Bleecker @ Broadway; I love this place. Huge variety of creative pies. Colorful, fun looking place. Touristy but a winner. Has slices. Best pizza chain in city.
29) Joe’s Pizza: West Village. 7 Carmine St #7 @ 6th Ave – Bleecker; Amazing thin crust pizza beloved in the neighborhood. Right blend of sauce and cheese. Best by the slice. Try Fresh Mozzarella.
30) Motorino: East Village. 349 E 12th @ 1st Av; Crust is to die for; Personal sized Margherita; Wine and Beer; Neopolitan style; Wood oven;
31) Lazzara’s: Hells Kitchen. 221 West 38th @ 7th – 8th Ave; Rectangular, thin crust pizza; Also have Italian offerings; Hidden gem in area. Tons of options and toppings.
32) Arturo’s: Upper East Side. 1610 York Ave @ 84th – 85th; Awesome thin crust pizza; Famous in the area; Tasty delight. Slices & whole pies.
33) Nick’s: Upper East Side. 1814 2nd Ave @ 93-94th; Top shelf pizza and also an inexpensive family style restaurant; Family dining and to die for pizza.
34) Merilu: Midtown West. 791 9th Av @ 53rd; Square style pizza; By the slice or pie; Not a sit down place; Similar to Adrienne’s.
35) No. 28: 4 Locations. 28 Carmine @ 6th Ave – Bedford; // 176 2nd Av @ 11th; // 660 Amsterdam @ 92nd; // 1431 1st Av @ 74th; Classic brick oven pizza; About 20 to choose from; Fresh Mozz and best hot out of oven. No slices.
36) Vezzo: Murray Hill. 178 Lexington @ 30th-31st; Great find in Murray Hill; Personal Pizzas, slices, whole pies. Great salads too; Even Belgian beer served
37) Frank’s Express Pizza: Murray Hill. 127 23rd @ Lex; Best ‘express’ pizza in the city; Great sauce and prices; Get a plain slice or two.
38) Little Italy Pizza: Midtown East. 1 East 43rd St @ Madison; Excellent slices and pastas dishes and subs; Get a few slices in a blue box to go. Large selection to choose from.