1) Manny’s on Second: 1770 2nd Av @ 92nd-93rd; Known as a great sports bar with awesome wings at cheap priced; Staff is super friendly; Try the BBQ wings, Buffalo or Garlic Parm; Casual and relaxing; Manny is their pug – he’s usually there; 2,000 Sq foot party room; 40 HDTVs;
2) Blondies: 212 W 79th @ Amsterdam- B-Way; Sports bar w/ tons of TVs; Dining area; Friendly bartenders & sexy waitresses. Great wings; Endless TVs; Great for beer parties and to watch multiple games. Penn State alums.
3) Legends: 6 W 33rd @ 5th Av; 23/20/M; Huge place featuring a football ‘factory’- soccer. 3 levels – can dine on amazing pub grub on 1 level full of sports memorabilia; Every soccer game imaginable plays here; Stunning gorgeous interior; Gets mobbed after work and during big games but it’s huge. Private parties. See website.
4) Lansdowne Road: 599 10th Av @ 43rd; Irish Pub with “Ice Bar”; Off the chart good Sports Bar; Every day, all day – one 20 ounce draft & 1 bottle $4. 13 huge TVs; Great food; Have private parties here; Happy Hour.
5) Tonic: 727 7th Ave @ 48th-49th; Upscale Sports Bar; 3 levels, Excellent Food; Has large/ multiple TVs on each level; Lounge feel; Nice Irish bartenders; Little pricy for genre. Sexy feel and certainly a cleaner, more older crowd (30s).
6) Stout: 133 W 33rd @ 6-7th Av; Gigantic Irish pub; 32 large screens; 130 beers; Sports bar too; Monday is Pint & Pizza night – $10; Karaoke Saturdays in the Cellar; 3 levels- multiple bars; Perfect for huge groups or After work fun; 100+ beers to choose from.
7) Stitch: 247 W 37th @ 8th: Pre MSG event bar. Lots of music and TVs. Great food. Extremely spacious; Sexy crowd for area; Singles scene; Massive place- great for parties; Happy Hour; Excellent pub food. See website- lots going on. Numerous huge TVs- perfect for a game.
8) Triona’s on Third: 192 3rd Av @ 17th-18th; Great Irish bartenders; Multiple TVs (13); Great specials, dart boards, decent food; Huge burgers & top Shepherd’s Pie; $10 pitchers Bud light daily from noon-7pm; Have all sports packages.
9) Mercury Bar: 659 Ninth @ 45th; Excellent number of flat screens; Large and tasty menu; Brunch; Singles scene at night; Overall a good, solid bar; Young-ish; Has decent tables to sit down for a meal.
10) Brother Jimmy’s: Multiple Locations…best for sports: 1485 Second Ave @ 77th; Dive Sports Bar; Carolina Bar; Incredible Bar-B-Q food; Dirt Cheap beer specials; Great for games – especially college or Yankees; Beer lovers haven; Fish Bowls!
11) Ainsworth, The: 122 26th @ 6th-7th Av; Football heaven; Huge palace of sports watching heaven; TVs on all surfaces; Rustic décor; Female friendly; Great food menu; At night it is more of a lounge feel; Celebs will show here; Happy hour best time to go.
12) 40/40 Bar: 6 W 25th @ 6th Ave-Broadway; Owned by Jay-Z; Hot, upscale sports club; 15 LCD TVs; 8 Plasmas; $4,000,000 space; Has a Memorabilia Hallway; Very classy yes a lot of fun; Great looking party crowd.
13) Croxley Ales: 28 Av B @ 2nd-3rd; Known for a great beer selection (40+) and .20 cent wings Mon & Wed; Wings in general are famous; M-F Happy hour where drinks are $4. Fun place to watch a game with no pretense; Have other locations outside of Manhattan.
14) Village Pourhouse: 64 3rd Ave @ 11th; Lots of TVs; Absolutely dirt cheap drink specials; Okay food- but Wings are great; Events and games; More of a frat scene but solid to watch the game and drink heavy. Columbia bar.
15) Professor Thom’s: 219 2nd Av @ 13th; Bar, Lounge, Sports Bar; 41 foot bar; Great brew on tap; Cool décor; Singles scene or for groups and dates; 7+ TVs; Red Sox bar; Good grub; Game nights- Bingo Wednesdays; 2nd floor lounge; 20s, 30s crowd;
16) Perfect Pint: 203 E 45th @ 2nd-3rd; Multi-level pub known for excellent pub grub and a large assortment of TVs showcasing your favorite sporting events; Huge selection of draft beer along with bottled beer & about every liquor under the sun; Friendly, witty bartenders; Ideal mid-town pit stop.
17) Spin: 304 Park Av South @ 23rd St; As one reviewer put it – it is ‘table tennis with a bar, not a bar with table tennis; If you are a ping pong junkie, this is your place. Fairly priced drinks; Great for groups; Best on a weekday when there is little or no wait for a table.
18) Standings: 43 E 7th @ 2nd Av; Sports pub at its best; All the standings on the wall; Number of craft beers on tap; Red Sox bar unfortunately; Alumni bar for a dozen different schools; Cool as hell décor. Not a huge spot but very cool.
19) George Keeley’s: 485 Amsterdam @ 83rd; Massive beer selection and the best bartenders; Live bands some nights. Darts, with room to play; Friendly staff; Excellent pub menu- wings & burgers especially.
20) Slattery’s: 8 East 36th St @ 5th Av. http://slatterysmidtownpub.com/ UNC Tarheel Bar! Come here to watch the country’s greatest University dominate the basketball court!