*There are literally dozens of variations on the Bloody Mary and depending on your personal taste, this list may or may not reflect your taste.
1) King Cole Bar & Lounge: St Regis Hotel; 2 E 55th St @ 5th Av – Madison; The bar credited with inventing the Bloody Mary. Called the “Red Snapper” here, it is flat out amazing. Perfectly made. Unfortunately, very expensive – around $25. I treat myself to a couple trips here a year for BM perfection.
2) Prune: 54 E. 1st St @ 1st Av; Actually has a Bloody Mary MENU… 6 or 7 styles to choose from. *Also great for brunch. Love having all the options. They will make them to order as well.
3) Lobster Joint: 201 E Houston @ Ludlow; Have a Lobster Roll with your Lobster Claw Bloody Mary; Excellent Seafood restaurant and laid back/ casual; Sat/Sun brunch is way to go
4) Five Points: 31 Great Jones @ Lafayette; My favorite brunch spot in the city (or top 3); This classy spot has incredible Bloodys. They have several to choose from. Try the Rosemary infused Bloody. Another has pickle juice.
5) Jane: 100 W Houston @ Thompson; Known as a top brunch destination, they feature a wonderful Bloody Mary. Grab one during the Sat or Sun brunch for free!
6) Great Jones Cafe: 54 Great Jones St @ Bowery – Lafayette; Just a delicious Bloody; Amazing place for brunch. Classing NYC institution.
7) Blind Tiger Ale House: 281 Bleecker @ Jones St; Also has one of the best beer selections. Great bar and you’ll enjoy your Bloody in a great NY setting. Ideal before and after shopping in area.
8) Gramercy Tavern: 42 E 20th St @ Park – Broadway; The famed restaurant’s bartenders are well versed on Bloody Marys. Made to order and you’ll not regret it.
9) Libation: 137 Ludlow @ Stanton – Rivington; Try a Bloody Mary with their famous brunch; Brunch – $19 with choice of entree and 3 drinks. Bloody Mary is outstanding.
10) Mermaid Oyster Bar: 79 MacDougal @ Bleecker; Also 568 Amsterdam @ 88th; $7 Mermaid Marys during Happy hour from 4-7pm is the way to go. Get shrimp with your drink! Excellent seafood restaurant as well.
11) Cookshop: 156 10th Av @ 20th; Another brunch hot spot; Known for their Bloody Marys; Have Bloody Bulls (with beef broth) as well; Have multiple kinds to choose from.
12) Minetta Tavern: 113 MacDougal @ W 3rd; Have a surf and turf Mark with beef broth and clam juice. Or just a regular one made to order.
13) Double Down Saloon: 14 Av A @ 1st St; Dirt cheap dive bar famous for is “ass juice” but more importantly Bacon Bloody Mary. Have a bacon martini too.
14) JG Melon: 1291 3rd Avenue @ 74th St; Classic Bloody Mary; They make them strong; Also features one of the city’s best burgers. Burger and a Bloody to start your Sunday!
15) Gusto: 60 Greenwich @ Charles St; Multiple Bloody Mary types; You get 3 drinks with Brunch so this is the time to come. Italian restaurant otherwise.
16) Jubilee: 948 1st Av @ 52nd-53rd; For $27 prix fixe brunch you get fantastic food and unlimited Bloody Marys or Mimosas. Great French bistro as well.
17) 7A: 109 Av A @ 7th St; Yet another brunch spot with great Bloodys. Their food menu is huge as well and 1 is complimentary. Brunch is 10am-5pm weekends!
18) Pravda: 281 Lafayette @ Prince; Features a Keith McNally (Balthazar) created Iron curtain chic decor and a “Russian Mary”; Great place to dine as well.
19) Church Lounge: 2 Av of the Americas @ Church; At TriBeCa Grand Hotel; Try their Bloody flavored with Old Bay & wasabi. Classy, expensive place.
20) Brother Jimmy’s: Not always reliable and they use a pre-made batch usually. But the atmosphere of the southern bar makes it great.