1) Ginger Man: 11 E 36th @ 5th Av; Bar/ Lounge; 152 bottles of beer. 66 draught; After work, happy hour and great singles scene; Private Parties; One of the best if not best beer halls in the city.
2) Blind Tiger Ale House: 281 Bleecker St @ W 7th; Bar; One of the Best beer choices in city; Ranked #7 Beer Bar in country by Beer Advocate.com; Ideal after work or to warm up for a long night out. 28 rotating drafts. 50+ bottles.
3) Peculiar Pub: 145 Bleecker @ LaGuardia; College Bar; 500 bottled beers; Large space. One of the better Bleecker St bars. College crowd; Major singles scene; Popular place to drink heavily.
4) Pony Bar: 637 10th Av @ 45th; Draft beer heaven; See website for what’s on tap right now; $5 a beer – great craft selection; Large food menu; Incredibly well reviewed on Yelp; Best craft beer bar in the city; If you love beer – you’ll love it here. Have rotating 20 craft beers.
5) dba: 41 1st Av @ 2nd & 3rd; Beer Pub; 150+ kinds of beer here; Beer drinkers heaven; 130+ Scotches; Bourbons, Whiskeys; Oh yes, drink your butt off here; Large outdoor patio. Early night starter bar. Beer warehouse. Singles scene.
6) Draught 55: 245 E 55th @ 2nd Av; Huge craft beer selection; Beer flights; They rotate 42 draft beers; Good menu; Happy hour deals; Most beers around $7 during regular hours. New place that opened in 2012.
7) Amity Hall: 80 W 3rd @ Thompson; 40 drafts, 140 bottles. Daily specials; From owners of Stout, St Andrews and Half Pint; $4 happy hour til 7pm daily; Frat feel but lots of fun and in a great location; 2 levels; Excellent website.
8) George Keeley: 485 Amsterdam @ 83rd; I rish bar. Live bands some nights. Darts; Great space with excellent beer selection and friendly staff; Have a Beer Club; Great jukebox; 22 rotating drafts. 25+ bottles.
9) St. Andrew’s: 140 W 46th @ 6th-7th Av; 20 on tap, 101 bottles. Scottish bar. Bar & Grill; Live music at times; Upscale pub with excellent grub; Great pre-theatre drink spot or after work/ show. More upscale than most; Bartenders in kilts. Classy establishment. Endless Scotch selection; Amazing food with huge menu.
10)Good Beer: 422 E 9th St @ 1st Av – Av A; It is a craft beer store that also has a bar with 8-10 taps on rotation. Massive selection of beers; You can take home mix n match 6-packs or buy a 64 oz growler; Lots of fun – great experience. Pints $6. Near perfect reviews.
11) House of Brews: 363 W 46th @ 8-9th; Brew Pub; Top beer selection- 80 Beers from 30 countries; Beer-lovers dream and decent pub fare as well.
12) Loreley: 7 Rivington @ Bowery; German Beer Garden; Huge Steins. Great German food. Classic Bavarian bar. Classic German beer selection. Two levels; Private Parties; Munich feel.
13) Stout: 133 W 33rd @ 6-7th Av; 22 beers on tap. 99 bottles. Irish Pub. Gigantic Irish pub; 32 large screens; Sports bar too; Monday is Pint & Pizza night – $10; 3 levels- multiple bars; Perfect for huge groups or After work fun; Gets mobbed during MSG events.
14) Zum Schneider: 107 Av C @ 7th: German Beer Garden. Huge Steins. Great German food. Beer selection. Outdoors. Theme parties & a great Oktoberfest bash; Similar to Loreley.
15) Half Pint: 76 W 3rd @ Thompson; Extensive, ever-changing beer list; 25 beers on tap, 77 bottles; Irish Pub food excellent; Part of a great ownership group; (Maggies, St Andrews); Brunch served; Guinness poured perfectly.
16) Swift: 34 E 4th @ Layfayette-3rd; Cooper Square; Irish Pub; Puck Fair group. Awesome Irish pub. Fun place. Top After work place; Large space with good singles scene & huge beer selection. Friendly staff.
17) McSorley’s: 15 E. 7th @ 2nd & 3rd; Pub; Oldest bar in Manhattan; Classic NY institution; 2 for 1 always- light or dark beer – only thing they serve; Good bar food; Always crowded; History on the walls; Pure drinking bar. You must try this bar.